Scoliosis Treatment in Charlotte NC

Scoliosis Treatment Charlotte NCScoliosis is characterized as an abnormal, sideways curvature of the spine. This condition effects between 5 and 7 million people in the U.S. Both men and women are susceptible to developing scoliosis, and the condition can begin at any age, although it most often develops between the ages of 10 and 15. While chiropractic care does not act as a cure for scoliosis, it can bring relief to patients suffering from related symptoms.

Scoliosis Treatment in Charlotte: What is it?

The curvature of the spine that is seen in patients with scoliosis most often appears in the shape of an “S” or “C”. Scoliosis can be inherited from parent to child, and is more common in females than males. There are a number of factors that may determine a person’s risk of developing scoliosis. Approximately 80 percent of scoliosis cases are idiopathic, meaning the cause is unknown. The remaining 20 percent are often caused by trauma, tumors, neurological diseases, or defects or infections of the spine.

What are the 4 Types of Scoliosis
Congenital scoliosis
Congenital scoliosis develops in utero and is caused by a bone abnormality.
Neuromuscular scoliosis
Degenerative scoliosis
Idiopathic scoliosis

 

What Treatment is Available?

Our Charlotte scoliosis treatment will primarily depend on the severity of the condition, as well as other factors including the patient’s age, the type of scoliosis, the degree and pattern of curvature, and the anticipated growth of the condition. While treatment options such as bracing or surgery may be recommended in some situations, other non-invasive options include chiropractic care. When back pain accompanies scoliosis, a chiropractor can provide safe and effective spinal manipulation, which can reduce or eliminate pain and help patients lead more productive lives.

 

For more information about scoliosis treatment or to schedule an appointment with our experienced Charlotte chiropractic, contact our office today.

 

GET TREATMENT TODAY!
We take pride in assisting Charlotte and surrounding areas relieve pain with quality chiropractic care.